Projects & Courses
Cyber Citizenship - November 2021
“Cyber Citizenship” (link embedded for course samples) is a smartphone centric, 10 module, 30 hour course complete with certification and e-badging designed for grades 7-10 for either classroom or self-directed learning environments. Students follow 4 characters, students and IT professionals, as they encounter simple and complex challenges faced every day by users of social media, smartphone, internet and enterprise platforms. Quizzes, individual and group projects, video and audio learning aids reinforce important concepts towards interim learning goals. Along the way students are awarded e-badges and upon completion, Cyber Citizen certification.
Available for Android and iPhone by download. Teachers may administer the course via a simple web based LMS from desktop. Available in English and Arabic, this course may be additionally configured to meet cultural, school system and regional needs.
Want to sample the Cyber Citizen course? Click here and download the introductory chapter to smartphone along with a few other popular course examples from CareerNet Learning.
Critical topics for this generation of teens.
Among the critical topics offered by this course, Cyber Citizenship covers:
- The three pillars of cybersecurity: Confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- An overview of hacking, including who hackers are, their motives and the assets they seek.
- An introduction to malware, such as viruses, worms and Trojans.
- The psychology of cybercrime and bullying, including how cybercriminals use social engineering to exploit human emotions and carry out attacks.
- Potential vulnerabilities, like passwords and Wi-Fi networks.
- How to maintain good cyber hygiene and reducing risky behaviors.
- The benefits and risks of social media and steps students can take to protect themselves.
Social Intelligence - February 2021
CareerNet curriculum and design experts collaborated with a nation’s education committees to create a 20 – hour course consisting of 10 modules teaching emotional, group and social intelligence. Life Skills became the course name.
Life Skills teaches social skills to students that with teacher guidance builds confidence and self-awareness applicable in social, athletic and classroom environments.
Life Skills includes in app assignments combined with full interactivity – video, audio, short cartoons, short answer and long form answer text sections and read along audio. Quizzes for both concept re-enforcement and for grading purposes were included within each module. A long form exam was included with the course summary.
The course was offered through the Apple App store for iOS and the Google Play store for Android. A short, single user code was issued to each user.
The pilot program was scheduled to operate 90 days and to be offered to 5,000 students. The pilot program ran for 30 days and was shared by students and their family’s with other students outside of the pilot. Ultimately, greater than10,000 students downloaded the program during the pilot phase. On average, the course was completed by students within 10 days and each completion of the course by a student was rewarded with a digital credential designed collaboratively by CareerNet and the national education committees.
- Now modified to suit the needs of US and UK school systems and communities.
- Available in the livery / logos of your school system.
- May be further modified to include important social subjects as determined by your own education committee experts.
- Samples are available to your smartphone.
- Click Here for a sample and to download the CareerNet App.
Selection of a few of our available courses for immediate use or modification to suit your needs
- Higher Tier
- Ages 5 – 7
- Ages 8 – 11
- Grades 7 – 9
- Step Up
- Earth Sciences
- Reading Level 1
- Reading Level 2
- Reading Level 3
- Guide to Grammar
- Julius Ceasar
- Henry V
- Romeo & Juliet
Elective / Enrichment
- Life Skills
- Cyber Citizenship
- Bullying Survival/Street Gangs & Safety
- Personal Finance 101
- University Applications
- Introduction to Economics
Remote teaching is challenging, your teaching platform should not be.
iOS, Apple, Android, Windows – Names and formats you know and trust.
Secure, Cloud Based, Price Conscious, 99.99 % Hosting.
3050 Horseshoe Drive N. Naples, FL 34104
15 Stratton St, Mayfair, London W1J 8LQ
CareerNet Global Inc. all logos, trademarks and their rights reserved.